We know of no better way to introduce you to our school than to do so by way of our Statement of Principles and our Mission Statement. Thank you for considering New Horizons Home School Academy as the provider of your child’s present academic needs. We hope to be able to serve you, if not directly, then by indirectly guiding you toward an academic program that may more appropriately suits your needs.
At New Horizons Home School Academy, we believe that:
- Every student, regardless of age, creed, race or socio-economic background, has the right to an affordable, quality education;
- A student has the right to study in a safe and sane environment, free of harassment and intimidation, and free of the personality conflicts that often accompany public or private institutional environments;
- All students, when given an environment conducive to study and a personalized, structured setting, can and do thrive and are capable of excelling in academic endeavors;
- A child is born with a natural enthusiasm toward learning and exploration, and we believe that this curiosity and innate desire to know is dampened and subsumed when the child is denied the opportunity to be an active participant in his or her own learning;
- By its very nature, learning cannot be confined and restricted by a public institution;
- Since education is a life-long adventure, children should be encouraged to exercise critical thinking skills, effective study skills and a dedicated work ethic in every aspect of their lives;
- Parents have the right to be intimately involved in their child’s education, and that they have the right to educate their child in their own home (or a home-like setting) regardless of their own educational background; and
- The family structure has been, is and will continue to be the building block of society, and therefore cannot be subtracted from nor minimized within the context of a child’s education.
At NHHSA, we aspire to provide a new concept in educational principles. We aim to create a progressive learning model that encourages a student’s natural desire for open-ended discovery, that is functional and integrative, and that underscores the student’s own contribution to the material being learned.
We seek to advance an appreciation for and a love of scholarship. It is our aim to reconcile our successes on our student’s accomplishments, rather than reconcile our student’s successes or failures based on our enterprise.
And finally, at NHHSA we aspire to continue to provide elementary and secondary school students with high quality home study programs that, literally, bring education to life.
See also Who We Are